Voting is now open for the IAH Council Election and all IAH members who have paid their subscriptions are entitled to vote. We have engaged the company Mi-Voice to conduct the voting process for us. All data is being managed in a secure format.
IAH is run by a Council of 13 members who are directors of IAH, a charitable company registered in the UK. Council is elected every four years. The term of the present Council ends with the General Meeting of the Association in September 2020 and IAH is now undertaking the election process for its future Council, for the next term of ofﬁce (2020-2024).
Elections are required for 12 positions on Council. António Chambel will succeed Ken Howard on Council as Past President and is automatically elected to that position.
The list of prospective candidates is given below. Information including personal statements for each candidate has been prepared. This information has been distributed via mail and by mail to eligible members from 1 July, with full instructions on how to vote using a secure process. Reminders will be issued to encourage individuals to vote. Those who join/renew during the voting period will also receive the information.
We confirm that we have received nominations for each of the Council positions (we also explain the responsibilities for each post):
- Dave Kreamer (USA) is standing for President, who represents IAH with other organisations and chairs the Board of Directors of the Charity, the General Meeting of the Association and the Executive Committee
- Jane Dottridge (UK) is standing for Secretary General, who has responsibilities particularly for external relationships and also for some internal groups
- Teodóra Szöcs (Hungary) is standing for Vice President, Finance and Membership, with responsibility for corporate finances (income stream, planned budget and actual expenditure) and developing membership
- Ralf Klingbeil (Germany) is standing for Vice President, Programme and Science Coordination, with responsibilities for commissions, networks and promotion of science, internally and externally
- The Regional Vice Presidents provide stewardship of IAH interests and coordination of national chapters in a particular region. The candidates are:
- For Asia: Dr Devinder Kumar Chadha (India) and Professor Han Zaisheng (China)
- For Australasia and the Pacific: Sarah Bourke (Australia) and Theo Sarris (New Zealand)
- For Eastern Europe and Central Asia: Natalia Vinograd (Russia)
- For Europe (West and Central): Marco Petitta (Italy)
- For Latin America and the Caribbean: Carlos Molano (Colombia)
- For Middle East and North Africa: Joanna Doummar (Lebanon) and Ahmed Fekri (Morocco)
- For North America: Grant Ferguson (Canada), Gary Robbins (USA) and Mike Wireman (USA)
- For Sub Saharan Africa: Seifu Kebede Gurmessa (Ethiopia), Ahmad Abubakar Kana (Nigeria) and Kevin Pietersen (South Africa)
Questions or Comments?
Contact Ian Davey, Returning Officer, at firstname.lastname@example.org.