Abstract submission, registration and sponsorship enquiries for the 45th IAH Congress to be held in Daejeon, Korea in September 2018 is now open!
Hosted by the IAH Korean National Chapter, Korea Institute of Geoscience and Mineral Resources (KIGAM) and Korean Society of Soil and Groundwater Environment (KoSSGE), the congress will focus on how groundwater science, technology and policy can help ensure all have equal rights for sufficient, safe and affordable water regardless of where they are born and live, or who they are.
With the overall theme “GROUNDWATER AND LIFE : Science and Technology into Action”, ten main topics have been defined:
- Life with groundwater: the role of groundwater in human life
- Environmental change and groundwater
- Sustainable groundwater resource and management
- Groundwater & surface water: an integrated view
- Coastal aquifer management
- Groundwater quality and contamination
- Groundwater and energy
- Challenges for the deep geo-environment
- Advanced tools and techniques for hydrogeology
- Groundwater, society and policy
Mid-congress excursions are proposed to limestone caves, a national geopark, curative springs, a wetland conservation area and the national groundwater information centre. Pre- and post-congress training courses and excursions are being planned.
Daejeon is a modern administrative centre and science and technology hub, surrounded by mountains in the centre of Korea, with roots that go back to ancient times. It is a cultural centre, with its own orchestra and world-class sporting facilities.
- Abstract submission deadline: 31 March 2018
- Earlybird registrations by 15 June 2018
Find out more