About our privacy and cookies policy
This policy sets out how the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH/AIH) uses and protects any information that you give us when you use this website. It also covers the personal and potentially sensitive data that we may gather from our members.
IAH is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Thus all information which the Association holds or acquires will be treated in accordance with this policy, in accordance with applicable legislation and with best practice paramount in our endeavours. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
IAH may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should therefore check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
IAH does not retain personal information on anyone who visits our web site but who does not complete any online forms.
Cookies are also used for our online forms and members area, allowing IAH’s web applications to respond to you as an individual. In so doing this website can operate to your needs by gathering and remembering information about your preferences and interaction with IAH.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. However declining cookies may prevent you from taking full advantage of this website, particularly if you are an IAH member.
For our members
We collect the following information:
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as address, preferences, interests, non-sensitive employment/career information
- other information relevant to the member and/or IAH
Members in IAH’s Mentoring Scheme
Members participating in IAH’s Mentoring Scheme are asked to provide more detailed and sensitive personal information about themselves to enable us to provide you with the service required. This information is gathered using separate processes and secure systems (not via IAH’s website) and the utmost level of privacy is assured.
For our non-members
For non-members who are subscribers to our eNews we hold only names and email addresses, as provided by those who opt in.
What we do with the information we gather
IAH gathers the information to understand the needs of its members, supporters and users to provide our community with better services, for example:
- Internal record keeping.
- To improve this website, our services, benefits and charitable actions.
- For our members we use the personal information to manage their membership of the Association including our Hydrogeology Journal alerts, eNews, its registration and renewal processes, and for other IAH related or relevant communications. This involves providing personal information under secure and controlled conditions to IAH’s service providers. We make some of the personal information available in a membership directory on this website to enable members to make contact with other members. Access to this information is restricted via a Members Area, accessible by secure means by our members only.
- For registered non-members we only use their information to distribute our eNews.
Controlling your personal information
The International Association of Hydrogeologists will not sell, distribute or lease your personal to third parties unless we are required by law to do so. Very occasionally we may send you promotional information either from IAH or from relevant third parties that you may find interesting – as far as is practical such information will be included in our regular communications (eNews, journal alerts).
For reasons of efficiency and economy the Association uses electronic systems of administration and cannot accept into membership persons who are not willing for the Association to hold their address and other personal information electronically. Members can change their personal details and privacy settings by logging in to the Members Area of this website.
All online mailings from IAH, for both members and non-members, contain unsubscribe information.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection 1998 and EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018. A small fee may be payable. If you would like a copy of your information held please email email@example.com.
Our commitment to data security
IAH is committed to ensure that your information is kept secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.